Wednesday 1 February 2012

"Hug time"


Reflections!

I love sunrises almost as much as I love sunsets ... I love the red glow as the sun starts poking it’s head over the horizon and the warmth of the rays as they start bathing my world.  I’m too low down the hill to get the true effect of the red glow at the moment but as the sun is starting to rise later in my day there’ll be loads more photo opportunities.  Patience Carol .... patience .... NOT one of my strengths.


The orange glow in the clouds was still visible as I headed down to Ladies Bay ... one doesn’t expect to find nudists on the beach at 7 in the morning .... after all, the sun has only just risen, it hadn’t cast its light on Ladies Bay yet. Julia got to the Bay before me and got the shock of her life ... I think it’s the same well-built young man we’ve seen there before ..... 
not your usual elderly male nudist of unknown sexual persuasion.


The tide was out so she’d headed round the rocks to the Bay of the MagicalTree .... there’s only so much a girl needs to see at that time in the morning!


The hounds love these early morning rambles .... Chocolat finds logs in the sand and Indy looks for whatever some errant human might have left behind.  There’s a stillness and tranquility to the ocean that isn’t there later in the day.  Peace and harmony abound ... we’re at one in our little world and it’s a magical feeling. 


We might have another “human with hound” join us on our early morning rambles.  I stopped Paddy’s human, Sandy (Paddy’s an Irish Setter) on the beach this morning to ask her to sign our petition and we got chatting .... as girls do .... and she was interested in our early morning rambles. Paddy is delightful ... he has the most gorgeous face .... Sandy said he makes people smile!  I couldn’t agree with her more .... I love the smiles we see on peoples faces when they espy our hounds fully engaging in and enjoying their time on the beach!


There’s not much that can put a damper on my day when it’s started so beautifully.  I think Julia’s finding it the same ... her whole day is easier to deal with, regardless of the task involved or attitude of the person she’s dealing with, when she’s had her early morning ramble.


I’m dog-sitting this week .... we have Bella staying with us for 2 nights .... I collected her on my way home this morning and the two of them have had a marvelous rough and tumble outside.  They’re both lying in my office at the moment, stretched out on the tiles fast asleep.  


Chocolat’s snoring ... she’s quite content .... but Bella’s head lifts every time she hears a noise.


For the first time in ages I’ve got the house to myself .... it’s an infrequent occurrence and I cherish the peace and quiet when it happens.  I can think .... REALLY think .... I can read something once and completely understand it without having my train of thought interrupted by a question or comment flung at me by one or other of the lemmings.  Whilst I love the busyness and noise that accompanies having several lemmings still living at home, I SO appreciate and enjoy the still times when I get them.
Top of Cliff Road looking down towards the bay


Talking of lemmings .... mine are a little strange  .... make that very strange sometimes.  One of them, no names mentioned, has a little piece of paper that they keep sticking on my clock in the kitchen .... a clock which is directly in my line of vision when I'm working.  This little piece of paper has the words "Hug Time" on it.  They try to creep surreptitiously to the clock ... bit difficult considering the size they are .... and stick the piece of paper on it ... then come to my desk and point at the piece of paper and DEMAND their hug!!!    I DID SAY they were strange.
Bella (on the left) ... and Chocolat


Girl talk!
The sun’s ray are still bathing my world in beauty ... they sparkle as they hit the waves rolling up on the beach ..... the wind’s picked up and its blowing the leaves in eddies around the garden. I had thought Bella might go and chase them but she’s put her head back down and closed her eyes. It’s a dog’s life .... and WHAT an enjoyable one it is!

No comments: