Monday 27 June 2016

A world gone crazy.

"Build pockets of stillness into your life."
~ Maria Popova



Our air waves this last week have been filled with differing opinions on the presidential candidate race in the US, 
on the referendum 
in the UK, 
on the sentences that should be handed down to baby Moko’s killers
 and the possibility, 
remote or otherwise,
  of Donald Trump 
and Boris Johnson 
presiding 
over their relevant
countries.  
Views over the Kaipara coastline
Everyone has an opinion.
Even the talk show hosts who’re meant to remain impartial.
The cows have the BEST view!
If my passport hadn’t of expired, I could have chosen to vote in the referendum.
But it has, so I couldn’t.


I’m not sure that it would have been right for me to vote in any event.
I don’t know enough about the pros and cons of remaining in the EU to make a rational decision.
My personal opinion is that Xenophobia has tainted the voting process somewhat.
Immigration is a such a hot topic.
But I’m open to correction.
The Winter Solstice full moon
As the dust settles on the EU referendum battleground
the world braces itself for the expected repercussions from the result.  
What happens next?
Of one thing I’m certain.
Change is inevitable.
As the seasons lurch dizzily from one quadrant of the year to the next, 
seasonal change is all around us.
The creek in Churchill Park is burstig it's banks
The unpredictable weather that Auckland’s been experiencing continues.
Autumn leaves still adorn the trees as the mildest of winters engulfs us.
It’s already almost the end of June.
July is calling and I’ve yet to see frost on any of our rambles.
It’s been cold but not freezing.
With no markets this weekend I headed out to the Kaipara Coast.
The rain chose to keep me company.
We’ve walked dogs.
Got caught in said rain.
Drank bubbles.
Sat in the spa.
Lily trying to drop her ball in the spa
We’ve talked politics
and fashion
and life.
And a myriad of things inbetween.
The most unusual tap and basin in the loos at the Plant Park.
We've found our pockets of stillness in an insane world.
And that's all good.
Liquorice Allsorts cows

No comments: