Friday 21 October 2016

Ripples

“Like a small boat on the ocean
Sending big waves into motion ....”
~ Fight song by Rachel Platten
There are no certainties in life.
Just this week I've received news of the passing of a dog walking acquaintance.  
She took her own life.
The courage required to choose that course of action must be huge.
It bought back sad memories of the passing of a dear friend's husband 
many years ago who took his own life in a similar fashion.
Time passes relentlessly, 
but the memories remain.
I haven’t written a blog in several weeks and it’s purely because 
the very resource I’ve mentioned above has been in short supply.
VERY short supply.
Sigh.
Some of it IS my own fault.
Despite the busyness of life,
 I actively choose at times to slow down.
To focus on the little things.
To actuate daily in the process of life.
It reinforces in me the need to live life fully
Rambling with the hound at the hour I do in the morning
allows for that to happen.
There’s no external interference,
no clatter of construction or traffic or people
Just me.
And the hound.
And the world waking up.
One could be forgiven for thinking I was rambling in paradise.
Just like that little boat though that causes ripples in the ocean
these morning rambles create ripples in my life.
Ripples that radiate out to all those around me.
Touching.
Lifting.
Loving.
My life at the moment is wonderful.
There’s a simplicity to it that couldn’t exist before.
It’s refreshing.
And liberating.
“I express who I am simply by being it.”
 ~ Jason Nelson

No comments: